CustomKit operates the www.customkit.eu website.
CustomKit is created on BRIKL (www.brikl.com) eCommerce and design platform.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Our company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information: to fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
- You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact us directly.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
You directly provide CustomKit with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services;
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or leave a feedback on any of our message boards or via email;
- Use or view our website via your browser cookies.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR DATA AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your data, including:
- As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, to manage your account or to provide customer support;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as:
- Providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services;
- To provide aggregated statistics about the visitors of CustomKit website.
- For marketing purposes, so that we can email you with special offers on other products or services we think you might be interested in. You have the right at any time to stop CustomKit from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We share your personal data for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers: we engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers: if we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws: we may collect, use, retain and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
- Respond to legal process or to government requests;
- Enforce our agreements, terms and policies;
- Prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues;
- Protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. We generally keep your data for the following time period: 3 years.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal data to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
CustomKit would like to make sure, you are fully aware of your data protection rights.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access: you may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- Change, restrict, delete: you may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You have the right to request that CustomKit correct or complete any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Object: you can object to:
- our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and
- receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them.
In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain: if you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Like most website operators, CustomKit collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
A cookie is a small piece of text that’s being stored on your computer and contains information about what you do and how you use the website. The cookies are being used by our marketing department so they can analyze where the traffic is coming from. We give your security the highest priority.
CustomKit may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. For instance, monitor the most popular or most viewed products. CustomKit may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, CustomKit does not disclose personally-identifying data unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to disclose it (see the “DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE” topic above).
HOW TO CONTACT US